In Person Music Lessons
SMMC’s in person music lessons are currently being conducted at our Mission St. location. All LA County Covid-19 safety guidelines are implemented to ensure a safe environment that limits contact between student and staff. We employ the following safety procedures to limit any possible transmission of infection:
- All staff and students are temperature scanned prior to entrance
- Anyone displaying symptoms of a cold or flu are not permitted inside the facility
- All frequently touched surfaces are disinfected between lessons. This includes doorknobs, light switches, piano keys and stands, chairs and benches
- Teacher and student are kept at a 6 ft. distance from each other during lessons
- UV air filters are in operation during in person lesson
- Nylon partitions are employed between teacher and student
- Parents/guardians are not allowed in lesson room but can view the lesson from their vehicle via Zoom Meeting
When you register for in person lessons, an SMMC staff member will contact you to discuss pairing you with a teacher for your preferred lesson availability and instrument of your choosing. Once a day and time is agreed upon, you will receive enrollment paperwork and an in person consent form via email. Once these forms are filled out and returned to the Center, the student is cleared to be able to begin attending their lessons!
Our staff of qualified instructors hold, at minimum, bachelor degrees in music for their respective instruments and have years of experience teaching students of all ages and levels. SMMC is currently registering students for:
- Piano – all levels and styles
- Guitar/Bass Guitar- Acoustic, electric, Classical, Rock/Pop & Jazz
- Strings – violin, viola & cello
- Voice – all levels and styles
- Drums – all levels and styles
- Ukulele – all levels and styles
- Brass – trumpet, trombone, tuba, euphonium
- Winds – clarinet, flute, saxophone, oboe
Generally, lessons are purchased as a month to month commitment and there are no long term contracts for lesson enrollment. Students meet with their teacher for weekly sessions on the same day/time each week. If a class needs to be reschedule, we offer convenient make-up options for the cancelled lesson when notified in advance of the cancelation. All new enrollments are billed a one-time $25 registration fee at the time of enrollment.
Not quite ready to register? Click HERE to contact us for more details.